Thursday, November 27, 2008

What I Am Thankful For

This time of year inevitably makes one think about things they are thankful for. The typical things usually come to mind...food, clothing, a house to live in. I would like to share a few of my thoughts on things I am grateful for.

I am soooo thankful for my family. I honestly don't know what I did to deserve Kirk, the girls and the Bertelsen family. I have learned so much from all of them and will be eternally grateful for them. Kirk has taught me how to be more patient and to see all sides of a situation. Dani has taught me that diligence does pay off. Bryn has taught me that it is okay to dance and laugh and dream. The Bertelsen family is the epitome of unconditional, Christ like love. Wow, what great teachers I have.





I am thankful for a great job. There is so much turmoil and uncertainty about jobs anymore. I even feel vulnerable with my job but I am so thankful to have wonderful people to work with and especially a boss that just lets me do my job. Believe me, I have had it both ways and this way is much, much better.

I am thankful for friends. Really, what would life be like without friends? Someone to go to lunch with when you have had a hard day. Someone that listens to your ranting and raving. Someone who values a good shopping trip! Someone who knows your faults and loves you anyway.

I am so thankful for my membership in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I cannot even express the peace that the Gospel brings to me. Can you imagine me without it? Scary! I am so grateful to know that wherever I go there is a community of other members waiting to invite me in. To uplift and support me.



I am so thankful for the atonement. For the sacrifice that our Savior made for us so that we could repent and return to live with our Heavenly Father. What an amazing gift. One that we didn't even ask for but that is freely given to all. I was reading recently in the Book of Mormon about Laman and Lemuel, Lehi's sons. They were rude, combative, argumentative, unrepenting and unbelieving yet, Heavenly Father kept giving them chance after chance to repent and choose the right way. It gives me so much hope that even after all of the mistakes I can make, Heavenly Father still keeps that door open to me. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for.

I am so thankful for a home to live in. I am especially thankful that it was the home of my grandparents. How blessed I am that I can be here and remember them at almost every turn. I spent most of my youth trying to get here, to be with them. I am finally home.



There are so many more things that I am thankful for. I will try to share them throughout the year from now on.

5 comments:

Shana said...

GREAT THINGS!! We are so blessed, aren't we? What beautiful pictures!! Hope you guys have a wonderful thanksgiving! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Ok-just figuring out how to do this! I sent you an email, but I'll say it again-I am so thankful for your friendship! Happy Thanksgiving! Love ya.

Kayleen and Kay Sheppard said...

Ditto on all things, except change of names and job....he he he. I'm also thankful for you and your special spirit. Love you!

Chris said...

I love this time of year to reflect upon the many things we have and are blessed with. You're such a good example to me. I love our visits!!! Hope you had a nice day. Love ya!!

Nikki and Matt said...

I dont know if you knew this, but you have a pretty dang cute family! And I love you all!!