Friday, November 21, 2008

Insomnia.....

I sincerely hope that I am not sleep blogging. If I am and I write something totally off the wall, please chalk it up to insomnia.
Have you ever woke up in the middle of the night and despite the best medication that science has invented and money can buy, you are unable to go back to sleep? Well, I would like to join your club!
I have been awake since 1:12 AM. That's actually better than waking up at 1:11 AM. Why, you ask? Because It drives me crazy when I wake up, look at the clock and all of the numbers are the same. 1:11, 2:22, 3:33, etc., etc.... I have had many nights when I have woken up every hour at those times. Who does that? Weird people!! Surely there is a disorder called 'Chronolophobia", the fear of waking up at stupid times during the night. If not, let me be the first to acknowledge it. I am sure you will be reading about it in upcoming medical journals on sleep disorders.
So, after laying in bed for more than 2 hours, trying not to disturb Kirk or the two dogs, I finally decided to sneak out of bed. I am a grown woman. Why am I sneaking out of bed in the middle of the night? I slip, ever so carefully, out of the bed wishing it was one of those mattresses that you can bounce a bowling ball on without spilling the precariously perched glass of wine. I quietly fumble around for the clothes I removed last night and the shoes that are by the side of my bed. I open the door and realize that the arm support I wore to bed hoping to help a sore wrist is now attached to the door knob and I can ever so quietly hear the velcro separating. Nevertheless, I make it to the hallway, slowly bringing the door to rest in the closed position. Whew. I made it through the magic portal.
I go to the living room to put on my clothes and find that all is well except for the socks. They don't match each other. I put them on anyway. Who will know?
Here I sit in front of the computer. It is too early to do listings on ebay. Too early to make any of those phone calls. Too early to run the vacuum. This is really the best I can do! I am thinking of going grocery shopping. I have done that before at an odd hour such as this. The only problem with that is that you must be good at maneuvering around the pallets and stockers. The thought of it really makes me tired. Maybe I am tired. I probably should just go back to bed.....before it is 4:44.

p.s. Note the time that I posted this...seriously weird eh?

3 comments:

Dani said...

The story of my life :) You should've called -- I was up too! Hank must've thought he needed to go outside, Because he sat at the end of the bed for ten minutes before I finally got up with him - At 1:17 AM. Then he just wandered around the house, climbed in his puppy bed and fell back asleep :).

Chris said...

Trust me I've been there!! Earlier this year I would go nights and nights without sleep and would go try to stay awake at my 12 hr a day job. It sucked!! But I never tried to get my clothes on at that time of the day..hahaha..I hope you get some sleep!!! Don't call me though if you can't..lol I'll be sawing logs zzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Kayleen and Kay Sheppard said...

Insomnia must run in the family....I, having worked 38 years, I still get up at the time when I would get up to go to work. It was always 4:30 a.m. so I could have a cup of coffee with Kay before he went off to work. Now that I can "sleep in", I can't. My mind is trained, except confused. I get up at 3:00, 3:30, and can't go back to sleep. Now, with the change of time, "fall back" I get up exactly one hour earlier than 4:30, and everyone wonders why Kay ends up talking to a sleeping head at 7:15 p.m. It's very frustrating...... Thank goodness for computers though, cause I can play dominoes until Kay wakes up around 8:00 a.m! LOL. Warm milk sucks and I don't do sleeping aids. Oh well, hopefully soon, my mind will change and let me "sleep in".