Sunday, November 16, 2008

My Favorite Day of the Week



Sunday is by far my favorite day of the week. I love the quiet peacefulness of the morning. No hustling and bustling around to get ready for work. No stressful moments at all.
It seems as though it has been an incredibly stressful week for me and I was really looking forward to this morning.
As I got up and looked out the front window today, I was not surprised to see the deer munching leaves in the front yard. Usually my dogs are barking like crazy at them, but today they just watched with me.
These deer have stayed in town all year this year. I think we fed them too well during the winter and they figured..."Why hike back up the mountain?"
Watching these beautiful creatures always calms my mind. I have taken a lot of pictures of them and even tried to sneak up on them during the winter to get a close up. Today's pictures are through my front window. (I am afraid when I get back to the stress of next week I better clean that window!)



3 comments:

Kayleen and Kay Sheppard said...

Deer that are roaming and eating having always been calming to me. It's like they haven't a care in the world but filling their tummies. That's weird that your dogs weren't barking. Maybe it's because it's Sunday and they didn't want you to get stressed out a day early! Have a good day!

Chris said...

Most people hate having deer in their yard because they destroy everything. My grandkids would have loved to have seen that!!

Shana said...

HOW AWESOME!! I am so jealous. It would be a lot of fun to watch!!