Sunday, October 5, 2008

Vivian the Fairy Princess



What an amazing few days I have had visiting my cousin Claire, her husband George and daughter, Vivian.

I first must tell you that although I have had a great desire to go visit them since Vivian's birth, (she is now almost 3), it was greatly enhanced by an email Claire recently sent.

In the subject line it said: Actual conversation in our day.

The body of the email said this;
Vivian, while picking something very large out of her nose: I'm going to keep this forever.
Claire: In our society people generally don't keep boogers. They throw them in the garbage.
Vivian: Well, in my m'aciety we keep these forever. I sticked it to your shirt.
Claire: Thank you.

After this email I knew I had to go and see Vivian's m'aciety.



Check out the pictures. Isn't she gorgeous? I had such a wonderful time reading, playing, reading and reading some more with her. I had found an adorable fairy outfit for her and she loved it. I think she put it on at least once a day while I was there.


















What did I come away with after this visit?

Enjoy the moment
.

I cannot tell you how many times I was reminded of something one of my daughters did when they were young. I found myself wishing for that time in my life again, even if just for a moment. Just to hear the squeals of laughter, the giggles, even the sniffles accompanied by tears. How often I thought "I can't wait 'till they grow up." I couldn't have been more wrong.

Thanks Claire, George and mostly, Vivian, for letting me invade your space and time, for humoring me and for letting me enjoy some of those beautiful moments that can only come when playing with a child. I will be eternally grateful!


2 comments:

Kayleen and Kay Sheppard said...

I know the exact thing you are talking about. On Friday, we had the girls, and I got out the bubbles....Kay was outside on the carport while Phoenix and I were making a chocolate cake and chocolate chip cookies. We looked out the back screen door and he was all by himself blowing bubbles. We joined him with Ave and spent at least 2 hours enjoying the wonderment and awe these two sweet spirits were expressing on their faces while we (big people) blew the bubbles with them. It was more fun for Kay and me than for them, I'M POSITIVE...

Chris said...

The only good thing about all of this now in my life is getting to live it with my grandchildren. I miss those days of my own kids and all the things they did but now I get to relive them again and it's so fun!!! She sure is a cutie!! I love that fairy costume!