Saturday, January 4, 2014

Thanks A Million....And More!

What a beautiful Saturday it has been. Lots of laughing, laundry and lounging. I have needed this day for way too long.



I have actually had the last three days off of work and today is the first calming and relaxing day of them all. Of course, the two days leading up to that were sheer craziness as we (me and the most amazing staff and volunteers you could ask for) made all the preparations for the big New Year's Eve dance. By Tuesday afternoon we had made 12 gallons of salsa, 8 gallons of pasta salad, cooked 24 pounds of chicken breasts and made 6 gallons of chicken salad for more than 300 croissant sandwiches not to mention all the veggies, cookies and punch.

The volunteer dance committee, Bob and Judy Womack, Kitty Bair, Debera and Rich Hill and Noreen Hansen, decorated tables with confetti and balloons and made the ballroom look like a million bucks. My service workers, Debbie Robinson and Larry Martin, are so much more than I could have ever hoped for. Debbie is a natural in the kitchen and I told her we could probably go into he catering business together after this last week! Larry has a way of making sure every last detail is taken care of which puts all of us at ease. Else Morgan manned the front desk while her husband David pretended to be the "bouncer".

The bottom line..... I could not have accomplished any of this without them! In fact, I depend on them daily to keep the Orem Senior Friendship Center running smoothly and me from the edge of insanity.

How do you thank these people for all that they do? I'm not sure but I am open to suggestions!


Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: