Thursday, January 2, 2014

Right Back Where I Started From








One year ago today, I began a beautiful journey at the Orem Senior Friendship Center. And what a ride it has been!

I was recently pondering the pathway that led me to my dream job when I realized, "I'm right back where I started from!" Eighteen years ago I jumped into the job force when both of the girls were in school. I was lucky enough to get hired with Community Action Services, a wonderful program that helps those in need, especially seniors, with things such as food, tax services and utility help. One of my duties in my 20 hour work week was to spend a few hours at the Orem Senior Friendship Center helping the seniors with tax abatement forms. The office I used while there each week is just down the hall from my current "resting place".

Wow! Eighteen years!

Every opportunity I have taken from that starting point has been blessed with the association of senior citizens whether serving them or teaching them as they serve others.

I have learned so much from them and I look forward to many exciting adventures in the coming years.

I am right where I belong and it feels wonderful.






- Posted by Gena Bertelsen using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: