Monday, January 20, 2014

What's For Dinner? Pasta Caprese Salad

I couldn't help it..... I had to satisfy a craving for my favorite summertime staple, Caprese, beautiful tomatoes, real mozzarella and fresh basil topped with olive oil, sea salt and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar. Nothing tastes more like summer.



How do you recreate summer in the middle of January? Here's my recipe....let me know what you think.

16 oz. Bowtie pasta cooked, cooled under cold running water and drained.
1 cup grape tomatoes
1 12 oz package fresh mozzarella balls
4 cups fresh spinach/kale blend (in lettuce section)
4-6 fresh basil leaves washed, dried and sliced up
1 cup Gena's "Life Changing Dressing"* (recipe below)
Salt and pepper to taste

Toss together and enjoy!

Gena's Life Changing Dressing

1/3 cup lemon juice
1 T fresh minced garlic
2 T white sugar
1 teaspoon ground mustard
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup good olive oil
1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup Kraft grated Parmesan cheese

Mix well and enjoy on everything from salad to pasta or as a dip for some great crusty bread. Store in refrigerator.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: