Sunday, September 21, 2014

Watching

I am laying a well rested body into bed tonight and feel so grateful to have had such a peace-full weekend.

I did not shop or pack for this trip. I did not load the four wheelers or make sure all of the camping gear was there. This was all done by my sweetheart, and some help from the kids. I packed a bag with just the essentials and drove to a bit of heaven secreted in the beautiful mountain of Weber Canyon.

The next two days were spent visiting, laughing, riding, eating, napping, reading and the best part...watching.












I watched my dear in-laws enjoy their children, grandchildren and even great grandchildren as they tightened the bonds beyond just family into friendship. I watched my girls have a long-awaited cousin sleepover akin to those magical nights years ago when they would make their beds in the floor and talk and giggle until the wee hours of the morning.







I watched 15 pounds of bacon, seven dozen eggs and countless pancakes get gobbled up. The breakfast part of a Bertelsen campout is dripping in tradition, particularly on how and who should cook each item on the menu. One of my favorite things to watch is my sister-in-law's beautiful hands as she cooks the eggs and pancakes. I shared this secret with Bryn so she too could enjoy the view.

I watched the four generations enjoy all of the same things and learn many more things that will most likely become favorites too. My eyes welled with tears so many times as I watched this beautiful family that I am so blessed to be a part of, enjoy each other, pray for each other, tease each other.

It was a perfect weekend.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

fnaf lovers welcome said...

What a beautiful experience! Thank you for sharing. ♡