Wednesday, July 23, 2008

How Proud Can A Parent Be?

I just received an email from my oldest daughter Dani. She works as a dispatcher in the county and actually does a pretty darn good job. In the email, she has attached a letter that one of the deputy's has written for publication in some local papers. Just thought it would be fun to let you all check it out and let me know what you think.

Sheriff’s Corner

Because my article has to be in before the 25th of each month, I had not yet experienced the Elk Ridge City Celebration which was held the last few days of June. WOW how impressive it was. Speaking with several of those involved, it is hard to imagine the amount of time, effort that goes into putting on such a celebration for your community. Elk Ridge may be a small community, but you can rest assured there is a huge effort that takes place behind the scenes
and your city employees, and city council deserve a big thanks for a job well done. Thank You!!

In the past I have introduced myself and have let you know a few things about the Sheriff’s Office. This month I would like to introduce to you the heart of the Sheriff’s Office. Without this group of professionals the county would come to a grinding halt. Unfortunately they don’t get that vote of thanks so well deserved. In your time of need they are the ones who answer the phone with the voice of hope. It’s your Utah County Dispatch Center.

They provide extraordinary community services on a daily basis, yes daily! Just a few of those services are letting your city know if you wake up, and your water does not come on. Compassion, for the one who feels life no longer has a purpose. They are also the one who gives you life saving skills until the ambulance arrives. They provide hope, security, and let you know more help is on the way. They are there for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I know based on
the events during their shift some will not sleep, or get the things done they need. Their families pay for their unselfish acts to serve you.

Let me introduce Danielle. Although she has only worked for Utah County a short time, she is a great representation of the professionalism all of the dispatchers who work so hard everyday to help keep your community safe. I have seen them during emergencies at which time it becomes organized chaos. Law Enforcement is dispatched, Ambulances and Fire Department’s are en-route, Life Flight is taking off, and then there is the one dispatcher who is conducting it all when they are on the phone with you, trying to get the information out as fast as he/she can. When the smoke clears you walk out amazed wondering how it all came together, but somehow it does.
This month if you have the
opportunity to call dispatch take a second and say thanks for a job well done, because they cannot hear that enough. Thank You Dispatch!

Proud? How could a parent not be? This wonderful young woman has blessed our family just by being a part of it. She is determined, funny, disciplined, beautiful and loving. She is the most diligent person I know in almost every aspect of life. What a great example she is to all of those around her. I am not at all surprised that she was chosen to represent the dispatchers.

Congratulations Dani Lou Hoo! We love you more than words can say!

2 comments:

Chris said...

Oh my gosh that is so neat!! It always makes you proud as a parent when others recognize their goodness and worth. Thanks for sharing that Gena. You're doing awesome with the blogs!! And I still can't figure out how to make my blog "cute". I'll see if Shana can help me.

Gena Bertelsen said...

If she can't figure it out I will come over and help!